Associate Product Specialist - Out Front
The Associate Product Specialist - Out Front will be involved with Out Front Merchandise ("OFM") Product Managers in maximizing the profitability of all O'Reilly OFM product lines. This will include involvement in product selection, plano-gramming, advertising, marketing, Inventory levels, warranty, and returns. They will also work closely the OFM Product Managers to set objectives necessary for continued profitable growth of O'Reilly Auto Parts and use information obtained from Micro-Strategy and other reports identifying opportunities to improve sales, profitability and return on stockholders' equity.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist OFM Product Managers with line analysis (unit sales trends up/down, dollar sales trend up/down, GP dollar sales trend up/down, GP% trend up/down, SKU level add/drop).
- Assist OFM Product Managers with lining up ad schedule including what was advertised during same time previous year and how well the ad performed, what will be on ad, what price will it be advertised and how will it be promoted, determining if additional inventory is needed to support ad and doing the leg work to get it to stores in timely manner, how much vendor support is needed, contacting vendor to request funding support, analyzing the success of advertised items.
- Be aware of retail competition, their product offering, and their selling prices.
- Be the point person with day-to-day tasks such as communicating with stores and/or other departments, communicating with vendors and paperwork (price changes, program changes, VFR updates, script reviews from Training, video review of Counter Talk, Planning Meetings, Product alerts, etc.).
- Have cross-functional ability to interact with all departments affecting the flow of goods (i.e., Purchasing, Accounting, Store Operations, DC Operations, Sales, Marketing/Advertising, Inventory Control, and Pricing). The Associate OFM Product Manager must understand how each department does their job in relation to product.
- Assist OFM Product Managers with assortments and time lines for off-shelf recommendations and rollouts.
- Takes responsibility for managing specific product lines under the review of the Merchandise Product Manager or Director as an aspect of training.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years in Automotive Aftermarket with sales or purchasing background.
- Self-motivated to high level of achievement, team player, excellent verbal/writing communicator, analytical, excellent mathematical skills, complete understanding of numbers, and how to evaluate based on facts gathered.
- Understand win/win negotiating and willing to commit to self-study and group study negotiating technique education.
- Willing to commit to extensive product training.
- B.S. Business Administration or Marketing.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please visit O'Reilly Auto Parts Careers to apply.