Business Development Officer
Job Description: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Reports to: Manager
Nabholz seeks a professional individual with experience in business development, marketing, or sales to join our Business Development team. The position will focus heavily on building and maintaining relationships with prospective customers that result in construction, industrial, and service project opportunities. Nabholz holds high standards of personal integrity and work ethic. Regional overnight travel will be required.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize regional project opportunities.
- Develop short-term and long-term business development plans.
- Measure sales/opportunities results against business development plan, report to the manager and modify plan as necessary.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with targeted customers, design professionals, and influencers.
- Assist other team members with maintaining existing relationships with customers and influencers.
- Develop and lead presentation strategy for proposals and interviews.
- Develop and implement public relations and marketing strategies in coordination with Regional Director of Business Development and other business development initiatives.
- Represent Nabholz at appropriate trade shows, conventions, seminars, civic, and industry functions.
- Attend Evening and weekend events as required.
- Assist in the identification of key areas of involvement for Nabholz such as industry organizations, city chambers, boards, community outreach, etc.
- Safety sensitive position
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Bluebeam, online software, CRM software, and marketing applications.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and team leadership ability.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills for formal proposals, grants, and similar submissions.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication skills in conversational setting.
- Demonstrate excellent oral communication skills before large groups for presentations and interviews.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with professional, friendly presentation.
- Previous experience in business-to-business sales preferred.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Local knowledge and connections preferred.
- 4-year college education required.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers, architects, and other industry professionals.
- Strategic business views for business development, client relationships, and business acumen preferred.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with strong planning skills; a generally positive attitude is essential to the success in this role.
- Detailed and accurate monthly expense reports required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check, including driving record.
- Ability to work remotely and overnight travel required.
- Ability to continuously sit, stand, or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work in heat or cold, outside, and in high elevations.
- Office, cubicle, workstation, or remote.
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.