Midwest Technical Institute, an established career college with campuses throughout the Midwest and Mississippi Delta region, is seeking full and part-time Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL)/Professional Truck Driving (PTD) Instructors for our Springfield, Missouri campus. Full-time day and evening shifts are available.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to train students for entry-level employment in the workforce.
The CDL Instructor will teach students in a classroom as well as a hands-on driving setting. Midwest Technical Institute believes that hands-on learning is the most significant benefit that instructors can provide its students.
• Adhere to approved policies and procedures in conducting all instructional activities.
• Develop instructional plans and manage the daily routines of competency-based education.
• Be efficient with planning time by using that time to make copies, lesson plans and posting attendance and grades.
• Begin class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
• Provide appropriate, intellectually stimulating instruction based on each student's unique abilities.
• Be courteous to and approachable to students.
• Supervise and coordinate class/range activities.
• Assess students’ progress in achieving requirements in theory and practice through classroom and range activities.
• Use effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the curriculum.
• Assist with disciplinary actions related to students’ academics, attendance, or conduct.
• Provide additional assistance to students who may be struggling.
• Assist with placement of students, offering reference letters and resources for student placements.
• Attend Professional Advisory Board Meetings, Graduation Ceremonies, monthly program and staff meetings, open houses, “instructor training,” and other required functions.
• Must have a valid state-issued Commercial Drivers’ License with endorsements or be willing to obtain endorsements (hazardous material, doubles/triples, and tanker).
• Must have a current Medical DOT Card.
• Relevant qualifications, training, and experience in the field of CDL, which must include 3 years of verifiable Class A driving experience.
• Must be registered with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
• A clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and successfully completing a background check.
• Have strong organizational skills and a genuine sensitivity to the needs of the students.
• Knowledgeable of the course content and proficient in all skills taught within the program.
• Competent, as evidenced by satisfactory performance of skills of all competencies taught in the curriculum.
• Preparation in educational theory and techniques preferred. This can include formal education, continuing education, and/or in-service education.
• Have a professional attitude and manner that reflects the high standards of MTI and the program you represent.
• Join or maintain membership to a professional organization pertaining to the professional responsibilities of MTI and attend conferences for this professional organization as needed.
• Maintain CEUs as required by your professional organization.
Payment and Compensation:
Midwest Technical Institute offers a competitive wage and compensation package.
Midwest Technical Institute is an equal opportunity employer.