Content and Marketing Coordinator
Position: Content and Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of Communications & Community Relations
Position Summary: We are looking for a qualified Content and Marketing Coordinator to join our communications team. The content and marketing coordinator writes clear, compelling, and consistent language on behalf of the Chamber, upholding the core values and brand voice across all media platforms for external and internal audiences. Collaborating with a cross-departmental team, they strategize, and curate layered content, producing copy for use across a wide variety of platforms: Chamber website, social media, print materials, mailing, advertising, signage, events, emails, videos, press releases, and internal communications.
General functions: Copy Development and Content Curator
Brainstorm content with cross-departmental teams based on overall communications plan, themes, and strategic communication.
- Write and edit website content that is search-engine optimized with effective keyword placement, etc.
- Write and edit stories, event recaps, and press releases representing all areas of focus for the Chamber.
- Write tight, concise copy for website, social media posts, print and online advertisements, brochure copy editing, annual report, signs, event programs, invitations, etc.
- Continually update content on blogs and websites.
- Review/edit/proof copy written for internal and external communications to safeguard against inaccuracies and other errors that might harm the Springfield Chamber brand.
- Cultivate and grow the online community that informs, engages, and inspires through Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce’s social media channels.
- Provide daily community moderation for social media accounts, blogs, and websites; and monitor all accounts for spam and inappropriate engagement.
- Oversee and edit social media posts created by other team members.
- Connect regularly with the VP of Communications & Community Relations to discuss upcoming articles, blogs, and correspondence.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, communications or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with social media engagement strategies and best practices.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and resolve conflict.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in website and web-based application design, development, and support.
- Must have a teachable spirit and the ability to multi-task, listen, and make sound decisions in alignment with the Chamber’s mission and purpose.
- Familiarity with content management systems, audio/visual equipment, and virtual meeting platforms preferred.
- Ability to organize projects, meet deadlines, and work with cross-departmental teams.
- Design software knowledge is a plus.
Employment Status: Nonexempt
Organizational Summary: The Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce is the principal advocate for business in partnership with the community. To create more opportunities for our members and all those who live in Springfield, we function as the leading catalyst for regional economic development and workforce growth.
To learn more about the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, visit www.springfieldchamber.com. The Chamber offers salaries commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume to Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce Chief Operating Officer, Jennifer Dalton at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to PO Box 1687, Springfield MO 65801-1687