TransLand - Controller
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with customers, and other employees.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with customers and other employees.
Controller, Delivers Excellence by providing timely, accurate and actionable financial data to the company. The Controller will:
- General responsibility for the accounting procedures of the company
- Work with advisors and partners on tax, risk and benefit related topics
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
Position Reports to Vice President – Finance
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Participate in monthly closings and preparation of financial statements
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing of new processes
- Assistance in creating and maintaining annual budgets
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database
- Conduct financial analyses for management
- Maintain daily cash position worksheets and coordinate same with management
- Prepare information for, and cooperate with tax advisors in, the preparation of tax returns
- Prepare information for, and participate in benefit and 401k plan audits
- Participate in the management of risk, including assessment of risk, provision of information to risk advisors, and obtaining insurance coverage
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting and application of general accounting theory
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to multi-task on a regular basis
- Handle high stress or fast pace situations
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to make decisions without supervision
- Commitment to company values
- Detailed Oriented
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Finger dexterity, use of arms and hands to operate office equipment
- Must be able to lift or exert force up to 25 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in an accounting role
- Additional Certifications (CPA, CMA, CFM) not required, but desired.
- Previous transportation industry experience is a plus, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Indoors, climate-controlled office environment with moderate noise levels.