DT Engineering is a full-service engineering, manufacturing and system integrator providing automation technologies and systems, tooling, fixtures, dies, and logistics, for its global customer base.
The Controls Engineer develops and programs custom automated equipment. Providing technical support to external and internal customers. Analyzes project requirements and performs technical calculations supporting design, including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, PLC, and servo controls with minimum assistance. Responsible to assist with the project's success. Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed. Develops and programs automated equipment according to customer and internal specifications.
- Meets with Mechanical Engineers, customers, and DT Engineering management to discuss the design and function of the customer machine.
- Development of controls architecture for medium single module machines or assist on large multi-module machines.
- Program control systems for servo, robotic and air operated stations, along with test and electrical devices with minimum assistance.
- Ensure the electrical design is functional, robust, and cost effective.
- Travels to customer site as needed for install or service (10%).
- Maintain project scope and identify scope creep.
- Guide electrical technicians in wiring and codes. Support software validation requirements.
- Create electrical wiring schematics, flow diagrams, panel layouts, Bill of Materials, organize release packages, and update schematics with minimum support.
- Problem solves with automation technicians, debug software issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years directly related experience.
- Technical understanding of integrating industrial devices.
- Proficiency with Rockwell RSLogix development software, Schematic Capture Software, AutoCAD or equivalent CAD environments.
- Strong proficiency with Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC’s, HMI’s, and Servo Control. Proficiency in Siemens or Omron software will be considered an added advantage.