Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
Digital Communications Manager
Organizational Summary: The Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce is the principal advocate for business in partnership with the community. To create more opportunities for our members and all those who live here, we function as the leading catalyst for regional economic development and workforce growth. The Chamber was recently named one of Biz 417’s “20 Best Places to Work in Springfield, Missouri.”
Position Summary: We are hiring a digital communications manager to join our strategic communications team. The right candidate will have experience creating and managing digital content across multiple platforms, including website, electronic newsletters and social media, as well as direct engagement in a variety of other communications projects and events.
Reports to: Vice President of Strategic Communications
General functions: Support the Chamber’s brand and strategic communications objectives by creating content for and managing our digital presence; offer strategic and tactical support of various communications projects and events in collaboration with Chamber team and volunteer leaders.
Overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Create and manage content for the Chamber’s website and social channels aligned with strategic communications plan
- Responsible for content and distribution of Chamber electronic newsletters and other email communications
- Content management system support and report/interpret media analytics
- Collaborate with Chamber staff across departments and volunteer leaders on communications-related projects, including writing for publications, speech writing, video production, podcast production, news releases/articles, event scripts, audio-visual support, and more
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in digital content strategy, tactics and analytics
- Demonstrated experience in website and web-based application design, development, and support
- Familiarity with content management systems, audio/visual equipment, virtual meeting platforms preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with video/audio production
- Ability to organize projects, meet deadlines and work with cross-departmental teams
- Experience in strategic communications, events and public/media relations a plus
To learn more about the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, visit www.springfieldchamber.com. The Chamber offers salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce Chief Financial Officer/Sr. VP of Operations Jennifer Dalton at email@example.com or mail to PO Box 1687, Springfield MO 65801-1687.