Events Coordinator - Part Time
The Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield is seeking a part-time Events Coordinator.
YOU are: Adaptable. Organized. Positive. Strategic. Energetic. Confident. Considerate. Flexible with your schedule.
WE are: Passionate. Growing. Professionals. Culture-minded. Member focused. Excited about the trajectory of our organization, and how we can expand the positive impact we have on Springfield and the surrounding area. Looking for just the right individual to join us on our journey of progress and innovation.
When people describe you, they might say:
- You flat out get stuff done.
- You take ideas, effectively relay them to others, and have the skills to bring them to life.
- You have beyond average organizational skills.
- You have never met a stranger. Interaction with other professionals gives you energy.
- You find routine boring. The same-old-same-old every day is draining.
- You are the one everyone wants on their team.
- People look to you because of your can-do attitude.
What You’ll Do
- Create, elevate, develop and coordinate the day-to-day management and execution of most events.
- Understand the necessary elements for creating events.
- Prepare for event committee meetings.
- Find and secure appropriate, trendy venues.
- Win Over Others - Build and foster positive working relationships with members and the communities we serve.
- Perform additional event related duties as assigned by the Executive Officer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Infectiously positive and hard-working attitude.
- Superb organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Occasional weekend/evening work required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist in a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field required or related industry experience.
- 1-3 years of event planning experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking during HBA events.
How to Apply:
- Sound like you? Send your cover letter and resume to: Laurie@HBASpringfield.com.
About The HBA of Greater Springfield
The Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield was chartered in 1954. Since that date, we have consistently strived to advocate for and promote the building industry on the local level. The local association is a member of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) with headquarters in Washington, D.C.
The HBA of Greater Springfield is home to approximately 325 members, representing builders, developers, remodelers, and associates in all areas of the residential construction and housing industries.
The HBA of Greater Springfield is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, or creed, disability, national origin, or any other protected status.
To learn more about The HBA of Greater Springfield, visit hbaspringfield.com.