Location: Springfield, Mo
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $50,000-$60,000 per year
Duties: Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, development, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government
- Performs the Interview and New Hire Process by reviewing applicants, interviewing, screening and administering job related skills testing to prospective
- Facilitates the on-boarding process and conducts new hire
- Assists management with employee development initiatives, including development and delivery of training materials, to promote strong employee satisfaction and
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and Federal/
- Assists with Benefit
- Maintains working relationship with management and staff while adhering to Federal and State employment laws and
- Facilitates and/or provides training (including orientation) to the workforce and training to keep managers/supervisors/staff up to date on policies and
- Oversees the performance management
- Supervises administrative
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs to cultivate a motivated employee base.
- Facilitates wage and benefits
- Responds to all employment related inquires (reference checks, verification of employment, UI and EEOC, ).
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous
- Serves as advisory support to managers/supervisors relating to counseling, disciplinary action and separations.
- Represents management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between personnel, supervisor and members of the management team.
- Performs other work-related duties as
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, or a related
- Two-Three years’ experience in Human Resources
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
- The ability to research and analyze various different type of data
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Follows directions from management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to read, understand and interpret employment laws and policies
- Ability to understand, create, and perform advanced HR applications
- Interacts effectively with management, vendors, and co-workers
- Comprehends and complies with posted rules and procedures
- Communicates effectively both in written format and oral format
- Multi-tasks and establishes priorities
- Maintains organization in a changing environment
- Must pass physical, drug test and MVR
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must be able to travel on an as needed basis
Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles should the individual be present on a
- The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites including high noise level in the work environment and job