Are you a professional, experienced industrial/commercial Electrician looking to take your career to the next level with an industry-leading company reputable for its top-flight service, superior quality, and skilled workforce?
Multi-Craft Contractors, Inc. (MCC) is seeking skilled Journeyman – Electrician(s) to join our Electrical Division team at our Springfield, MO location.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Journeyman – Electrician, you will be responsible for executing various assigned electrical responsibilities encompassing general/preventative maintenance, construction, repair, and installation of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
Essential functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications
- Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling, and installing various types of conduit
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures
- Terminate wires to circuit breakers, transformers, devices, controls, and other components in accordance with the schematics, prints, drawings, or instructions
- May operate hand and power tools of all types (including but not limited to: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and variety of other equipment and instruments)
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris
- Cleans, maintains, and services equipment and tools
- Performs additional duties or emergency duties after normal working hours
- Hold a Journeyman license in the state you are currently working in
- Demonstrate a willingness to comprehend and follow instructions given by qualified electrical mentors
- Work efficiently to ensure assigned tasks meet deadlines
- Record field wiring changes and modifications on blueprints for recording on master circuit diagrams
- Follow and encourage others to follow OSHA, MCC, and site-specific safety procedures
- Operate heavy equipment and machinery in the performance of these essential duties
- Work with and around hazardous materials, as well as at heights and in confined spaces in the performance of these essential duties
- Drive a vehicle to various jobsites throughout working hours
- Maintain valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy
- Work in a constant state of alertness
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential for employee job performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
At MCC, our people are the greatest company asset. Therefore, simply put, we don’t just hire anyone. In fact, we're highly selective and committed to hiring only those electricians who are skilled in their trade with unwavering reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to be/do their best. We value honesty, integrity, professionalism, quality, respect, and giving back. We believe through these values, along with hard work, dedication, and teamwork, we will continue growing, building lasting relationships, and providing value to our people, customers, and community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include the following:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Actively developing an understanding and working knowledge of the NFPA 70 series, State, and local codes
- Ability to understand, interpret and utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Locate and diagnoses electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
- Operate a variety of power tools, shop equipment, and electrical testing instruments
- Ability and willingness to learn and perform duties normally associated with other areas
- Ability to communicate clearly with others
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- All employees must provide and maintain the required tool inventory for this position
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required
- A current valid driver’s license is required
Physical requirements include, but not limited to, the following:
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and electrical currents
- May lift heavy objects 5-25 pounds frequently, 25-50 pounds often, 50-100 pounds occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward positions continuously
Multi-Craft Contractors – Our Name Says It All
For over 40 years, MCC has provided the industrial and manufacturing sectors a comprehensive list of services and solutions. Powered by a diverse workforce of over 700 (and growing), we provide complete, turn-key solutions for industrial or manufacturing projects worldwide – From Concept to Completion.
MCC employs hundreds of talented, dedicated men and women in jobs ranging from engineers and project managers to specialty trades and office/clerical. We offer consistent work, top pay, education assistance, growth & development opportunities, and a fun culture.
Additionally, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Education opportunities
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
Apply in person at:
2810 N Le Compte Rd
Springfield, MO 65803
For more information, contact MCC Recruiting at: