Keyholder Sales Associate | Assistant Tailor - Part Time
The successful candidate is a fashion savvy member of a Suit Shop Team who is motivated to provide a superior guest experience to maximize sales and profit. Under the guidance of the Shop Manager, the Sales Associate is responsible for ensuring that sales goals are achieved by supporting and executing brand standards for our guests and team. This will include assisting with guests needs, offering product knowledge, merchandising, handling cash transactions, and maintaining a neat and visually inspiring shop environment.
Teamwork and Guest Experience:
- Represents John's Suit Shop core values, emphasizing a positive work environment that is fun and unique.
- Maintains a high degree of personal integrity.
- Proactively engages in a selling culture that focuses on building a loyal guest following through clear and positive communication.
- Provides excellent customer service on the selling floor, in the fitting room and at the cash wrap.
- Helps to maintain a visually inspiring shop that is compelling to our guests at all times.
- Assists in delivering our visual brand standards and presenting our unique product mix by actively working with products including: stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, and displaying merchandise.
- Proactively educates himself/herself on product knowledge, campaign promotions and merchandising standards.
- Demonstrates a passion for fashion by understanding trends.
- Understands and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Performs shop opening and closing procedures.
- Works effectively with team members to ensure the selling floor, cash wrap, fitting rooms and stockroom are clean and well maintained per John’s Suit Shop standards.
- Demonstrates an interest level in understanding retail sales and the relationship to inventory levels in order to assist in identifying needs with the Shop Manager.
- Learn and demonstrate menswear product knowledge, including sizing, style, and accessory options. Help customers select and style formal wear, take measurements for shirts, suits/tuxes.
- Assist in the tailor shop as directed by management.
- Assist with all customer needs, such as fittings, alterations appointments, pick-ups, special order requests, and sales.
- Possess a creative flair for fashion.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a specialty retail store.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills; able to execute tasks efficiently.
- Flexible, adaptable and dependable.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work some weekends, nights and holidays (around Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year) and all summer months. Hours will be a mix of afternoons/evenings/weekends (Saturday required), with a schedule that is tailored to best maximize the needs of the entire staff.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around the sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting and climbing.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Reliable Transportation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be staying in Springfield metro area over the summer months
- Must be available to work days and Saturday’s (we are closed on most holidays)
Special Qualifications and Pay
- Priority will be given to candidates with sewing skills and who are willing to master alterations on menswear. Training to advance sewing skills will be provided.
- Bonus pay is guaranteed to those who are able to perform quality alterations at an agreed upon amount depending on skill level.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org