DT Engineering is a full-service engineering, manufacturing and system integrator providing automation technologies and systems, tooling, fixtures, dies, and logistics, for its global customer base.
The Mechanical Engineer will study product blueprints, manufacturing processes, and/or customer specifications to conceptualize the equipment design required to produce the product. Using knowledge of equipment and manufacturing processes, the Mechanical Engineer will create drawings for accurate interpretation of the design and performs auxiliary layouts and detailing activities.
- Select commercial components and review/develop bill of material included in equipment construction.
- Design and collaborate with the controls team, project manager, purchasing, and the customer to create turnkey systems.
- 3D Modeling
- Drawing packages
- Bill of Materials
- Interpret the performance requirements of the project and determine timelines and sequencing.
- Provide accurate equipment sequence of operations in collaboration with controls engineers to develop timing and device charts.
- Mechanical systems, and functional understanding to support in (on floor/on-site) de-bug support.
- Responsible for providing accurately updated drawings for the final documentation package to customer once job is completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical design, engineering, or related area and at least 5 years mechanical design experience.
- Thorough knowledge of machine tools and assembly of special machines.
- Factory automation preferred.