The Lead plays a key role in the Business Office for Jordan Valley Community Health Center (FQHC) overseeing a team of 10+ and the core functions in the accounts receivable area to include but not limited to billing, charge entry, filing claims – paper and electronic, account reconciliation, and account follow up. The Team Lead performs a full range of billing duties related to claims submission, billing management, billing appeals, incident-to billing/coding, monthly financial reporting, fiscal management and analysis, assists in establishing and implementing policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted business office principles. The Team Lead may be asked to assist with other departmental initiatives and projects, as they arise. This position is responsible to participate in interdepartmental team meetings, as well as meetings with external governmental organizations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field.
- Certified Professional Biller.
- 5 years’ business office and health care management experience in a clinic, FQHC, or RHC.
- Certified Professional Coder.
- Works collaboratively with management of the Business Office.
- Collaborate with the management of the Business Office to plan, direct, and evaluate billing and collection operations to help ensure positive cash flow, achieve operational efficiencies, and ensure compliance with established law, regulations, practices and procedures.
- Evaluate and report on productivity goals and review level of progress and achievement; exercise discretion and judgement when recommending and implementing measure for improvement.
- Monitors collection and reimbursements form insurance companies and other third party payers.
- Reports any trended issues to appropriate insurance provide representative and the management of the business office.
- Responsible for keeping the daily, monthly, weekly, and monthly report up to date to include Key Performance Indicators.
- Review and audit contractual write-offs and denials to ensure payment accuracy and to identify any reimbursement problems.
- Ensure productivity of billing and collections teams by developing and/or updating billing and collection processes, methods, guidelines, polices and bet practices.
- Will participate in interviewing, hiring, employee evaluations, and disciplinary action including termination.
- Maintain knowledge of HIPAA and other requirements.
- Develop and preforms data quality and integrity review.
- Assist in overseeing and maintaining agency programs (i.e. billing, reporting, account analysis, etc.).
- Assist with other departmental initiatives including writing and testing policies and procedures, internal audit test work, and others as deemed necessary.
- Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing on accounting issues with individuals with varying degrees of accounting familiarity.
- Organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines working with prescribed time constraints.
- Maintain positive relationships with consumers, families, community organizations, referral sources, and governing/regulatory agencies.
- Participate in department management meetings and team goals.
- Coordinate with other agency programs, departments and interdisciplinary teams to ensure the delivery of quality services.
- Assist the manager and staff to maintain the education and training programs in the clinic, including orientation, competency assessment, and in-service education for all sections of clinic.
- Train and support staff in taking patient phones calls.
- Train department staff and be continuous resources for questions/issues.
- Ensures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- Adhere to mandatory abuse reporting laws and HIPAA requirements.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employee to the clinics culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers