Job Summary: Community Partnership of the Ozarks works with neighborhoods and community groups to implement special projects and events aimed at fulfilling our mission to build resilient children, healthy families and strong neighborhoods and communities. The Neighborhood Event Coordinator will provide leadership in the planning, coordination and implementation of the Tool Lending Library, Neighborhood Clean-ups, Neighborhood Organization Volunteer Awards, National Night Out and targeted events and education for neighborhood association and groups. This position will require a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends on a regular basis.
Evaluation: The Community Development Specialist, following adopted policies of Community Partnership of the Ozarks and United Way of the Ozarks, evaluates the Neighborhood Event Coordinator.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience planning and implementing community events including expertise in attracting sponsorships;
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment effectively;
- Ability to leverage local resources to ensure successful project implementation;
- Maintain project specific budgets and create monthly outcome reports;
- Ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently;
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with local community leaders, donors, volunteers and residents;
- Proven written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize tasks and meet critical deadlines;
- Demonstrate high energy level and ability to maintain flexibility;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and internet expertise;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
- Coordinates events, activities and projects from concept to completion, ensuring each initiative operates smoothly, efficiently and effectively meets the event/project goals;
- Managing event processes, coordinating meetings, preparing, monitoring and reporting for project/event budgets;
- Develop relationships within the community to enhance project/event implementation;
- Create and maintain project/event specific budgets;
- Works with the Vice President of Communications on the development of media and marketing materials;
- Works alongside project/event committees, facilitating when necessary;
- Recruits and trains volunteers and vendors for project/event specific responsibilities;
- Creates and maintains project/event specific budgets;
- Maintains timely reporting on project/event outcomes including number served, in-kind contributions and key outcomes;
- Participate in relevant professional development and trainings;
- Participate in CPO’s resource development/fundraising activities;
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting Structure: The Neighborhood Event Coordinator will report to the Community Development Specialist.
Position Clarification: The position of Neighborhood Event Coordinator is a grant-funded position and is based upon funding availability. This is a non-exempt part-time position.
Community Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.