To Apply please go here: https://smartchoiceus.applytojob.com/apply/g1qhLh22Er/NOC-Manager
Location: Springfield, MO
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
SCC's NOC Manager will monitor performance of Infrastructure equipment, coordinate equipment installation, and manage delivery schedules. The successful candidate will be expected to drive resolution of high-severity outages impacting IT Infrastructure. He/she should have the ability to provide problem resolutions for highly complex Infrastructure issues.
Trust your cloud-based infrastructure to the one company that does it all. Our skilled in-house technicians provide single-source, end-to-end solutions for your voice, data, and security networks – from design, installation, and implementation to management and 24x7 support. One Provider, One Bill, One Smart Cloud Solution. Check out our website for more information.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a NOC manager in a 24x7x365 Data Center environment.
- Strong network troubleshooting - workflow and communication skills are a requirement.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing, and performing network analytical tasks.
- Experience in people-management and conflict resolution.
- Must have very strong problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of SolarWinds and Application Monitoring.
- Network Sniffer is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of network commands and tools such as Traceroute, NSLookup, TCPdump and Wireshark.
- Experience with networks, routers, switches, servers (Win/Unix/Linux), VMWare, SAN, security, wireless, VoIP, etc.
- Experience in the Insurance field preferred.
- Oversees day-to-day NOC operations, escalations, ticketing and communications with all customers.
- Assign and manage the work load of shift personnel, as well as escalate resource constraints to management.
- Ensure that the NOC goes beyond what is required as defined by Service Level Agreements.
- Enhance and develop processes and procedures within the NOC.
- Update and maintain documentation associated with processes and procedures (run books).
- Continuously improve SCC's systems to proactively monitor the infrastructure that is being managed.
- Hire, train, mentor and develop Level 1 / Level 2 technicians.
- Manage the troubleshooting of major issues with NOC monitoring tools.
- Enterprise Monitoring (SolarWinds) will report to this position.
- Coordinate efforts to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
- Maintain and update all Data Center design documentation.
- Work with Facilities to provide Data Center power, cooling and structured cabling requirements.
- Physical installation (include cable/label) of all Infrastructure in Data Center environment.
- Manage and coordinate monthly maintenance.
- Provides leadership and coordination on projects assigned.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Technical Training
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan + Matching
- Exciting Company Events
- Annual Company Trips
- A great team and work atmosphere
- Crain’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- Best Places to Work by Business Intelligence Group
- INC 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America
- Internet Telephony Hosted VOIP Excellence Award
- TMC Internet Telephony Excellence Award
- TMC Communications Solutions Product of the Year