Parts City District Sales Manager
The Parts City District Sales Manager is responsible for actively promoting the Parts City Auto Parts Affiliate program to solicit, recruit and develop new business. This team member represents Parts City/Ozark Automotive to new and existing customers with the goal of protecting the Company's interest and capturing all sales opportunity within their assigned territory. They utilize our current programs and industry expertise to become a business partner/consultant to store ownership and management teams. This position will work directly with 20-25 independent jobber stores in northern Missouri, and some travel will be involved.
Essential Job Functions
- Parts City District Sales Managers are employed by Ozark Automotive/O'Reilly Auto Parts for the purpose of increasing the Company's net sales of automotive parts and accessories, and becoming a business partner/consultant for our customers
- Represent the Company's interest in all aspects of customer service, sales growth and expense control
- Expand the distribution of the Parts City affiliate program through new markets and competitive store changeovers. Each Parts City District Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining a consistent call schedule, as determined by the Director of Independent Sales
- Research and determine the competitive factors and business conditions in each market to gain credibility, and the knowledge required to assist store management and ownership in growing their business
- Build strong relationships between Ozark Automotive Distributors and store personnel by promoting the products, programs, and services exclusively available to Parts City Affiliates through the growth and financial resources of O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Present Parts City programs and policies in a clear and timely manner and assess the effectiveness of each store with their implementation of sales programs/promotions at the wholesale and retail levels
- Ensure that commitments made by Part City stores and the Sales Management Team are fulfilled on a consistent and timely basis.
- Communicate immediately to the distribution center management when any customer problems or concerns arise
- Monitor product line support and increase store purchases by converting competitive product lines which are not being purchased from Ozark Automotive
- Review monthly computer reports for each Parts City store to ensure returns from each customer are within acceptable parameters and product line support does not decline
- Provide guidance to Part City stores in the areas of product merchandising and advertising to attain 100% participation in our annual marketing program
- Support and Track progress of Ideal Stock update at Parts City Stores
- Provide assistance with the planning and actively participate in new store installations/changeovers, remodel projects, and store inventories at associate and corporate locations
- Safeguard the assets of Ozark Automotive Distributors and control expenses for the betterment of the Company.
- Complete all required call reports, itineraries, and expense reports on a timely basis
- Take personal responsibility for improving your program knowledge and sales skills through formal training classes and other educational resources
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of counter experience and or outside sales experience in the automotive aftermarket
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good people skills
- Must be organized and able to set priorities and manage time in territory
- College degree in business and/or marketing, sales training in automotive aftermarket preferred
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please visit O'Reilly Auto Parts Careers to apply.