Pat Jones YMCA Branch Executive Director
BRANCH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LOCATION: Pat Jones YMCA - 1901 E. Republic, Springfield, MO 65804
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
WAGE RANGE: $50,000 - $60,000 annually (based on experience and qualifications)
The Ozarks Regional YMCA is located in the beautiful Ozarks of Southwest Missouri. Residents enjoy world class attractions and dining in the area, along with spectacular entertainment, lakes, rivers, events, shopping and cultural endeavors. This area offers great schools, low cost of living as a well-rounded city that supports a thriving arts community and an excellent quality of life. The Ozarks Regional YMCA is a progressive association that has been serving our communities for over 125 years. The Ozarks Regional YMCA is made up of 5 centers located in Hollister (Branson), Lebanon, Monett, Cassville, Buffalo and the Springfield area; a resident camp; and our School Age Services sites throughout the area.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Branch Executive Director at Pat Jones YMCA stewards the Y’s cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Pat Jones Branch Executive Director oversees the operation of the Y and participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders. Our Pat Jones Center is conveniently located on the south side of Springfield and currently serves 2,400 units (6,100 members) and an operating budget of $2 million.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Maintains diverse advisory councils that actively support the Y’s goals and strategic plans. Recruits, selects, and develops diverse volunteers for the branch board. Clarifies and reinforces the division of roles and responsibilities between corporate boards, management or advisory boards, staff, and general volunteers.
- Builds bridges within the community so that all segments of society have access to the Y.
- Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact for all stakeholders (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, community leaders) develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
- Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and association goals and strategies. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, pool, grounds, and equipment.
Ensure appropriate implementation of Y programs through direct supervision of center staff
Provide leadership and support to Center Board volunteers and work collaboratively with Center Board Chair to build an engaged and informed board of volunteers
- Engaging Community
- Fiscal Management
- Leadership Development
Bachelor’s degree in human services, business, or equivalent.
YMCA Multi-Team Leader Certification preferred.
Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other non-profit agency.
- Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
- Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- CPR and First Aid certifications required within 30 days of hire.
Dedicated to the Ozarks Regional YMCA and be deliberate in reaching outlined goals. Candidate must exemplify the YMCA Core Values and be able to communicate the YMCA Mission effectively
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Excellent benefits include health/dental/life insurance, 9% fully paid retirement plan, complimentary membership and discounted YMCA programs. The incumbent will exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resumes to Erin Shaw, Chief Operations Officer at email@example.com.