The Payroll Specialist - Tax is responsible for payroll tax balancing and reporting for daily, quarterly, and annual tax filings for one or more of the Company's legal entities.They will perform all functions as required for the edit of payroll hours prior to regular payroll processing and follow up with store managers and distribution cents to transmit payroll hours.They will prepare monthly general ledger account reconciliations for payroll and tax related accounts, as well as journal entries as needed.They will also work with ADP on new account setups, tax filings, and to resolve agency notices.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide excellent customer service to team members and field management by phone calls and emails to the department.
- Balance payroll tax withholdings and deposits on a daily basis, comparing internal and third-party reports.
- Reconcile payroll tax and other payroll related general ledger accounts and prepare monthly account analysis folders for Finance.
- Prepare and enter journal entries.
- Assist with quarterly and annual payroll tax filings and W2 processing.
- Open and sort Payroll Department mail.
Skills and Qualification
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Accounting degree or experience, or payroll experience.
- Excellent Excel knowledge and background.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
This is a full-time opportunity; Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please visit O'Reilly Auto Parts Careers to apply.