KY3/KSPR, the high-rated NBC and ABC affiliate in Springfield, MO (market 72) is looking for the newest member of our award winning newsroom. We want an experienced television photographer who loves to be creative with photography, especially live shots. The successful candidate will help with daily photography needs for the evening/night newscasts as well as help with special projects. We want someone who can even go the extra mile by helping set up, shoot, bullet point, and edit news and weather stories. You may also be helping shoot sports in the fall. KY3/KSPR has won dozens of awards over the past few years for our news, sports and weather coverage, including several regional and a national Murrow. We are a newsroom that values creativity, hard work, and enterprise story ideas. We will, in turn, give you the feedback to help you grow and equipment to help you succeed.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field is preferred, but not required
- Experience in a television newsroom is a must
- 1-3 years’ experience in shooting and editing preferred
- Research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way using all sources
- Shoot “live” on the scene, especially during breaking news and severe weather.
- Aggressively research stories and conduct interviews in the field
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
- Able to communicate clearly
- Ability to shoot video in sequences and still photos that help tell the story on-air and on-line.
- Knowledge of lighting and use of natural sound is preferred.
- Must have the ability to edit on non-linear equipment and to adapt to new technology.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, daily contribution of lead story ideas centering on safety and security is required.
- Attend community service, schools, and community events; meet and greet viewers
- Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media, usually remotely and communicate with the web staff and other appropriate staff members during breaking news
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory, moving live shots
- Be willing to learn or possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
- Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to handle several tasks at once
- Must have flexibility to work any shift, including nights, weekends, mornings and holidays
- Requires sitting 25% of the time and standing or walking 75% of the time, and driving a company vehicle. Must have good driving record.
- Ability to carry, shoot and edit video with digital cameras
- Outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected in this position
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, reach, grab, handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl, regularly sit, talk, and hear.
- Nights, weekends and holidays will be required. Schedule changes should be expected.
- Occasional local and national travel is required
- Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
To Apply: Send your application, resume, and link to your latest resume tape to:
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
Or apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
KY3/KSPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen and an acceptable driving record for driving positions.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.