Production and Accounting Analyst
SUMMARY: This position preforms a variety of duties in relation to the manufacturing segment of the business, but also includes month end and year end responsibilities as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
▪ Communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, customers, and outside vendors. Work cohesively in a team environment.
▪ Performs non-routine, moderately complex accounting functions following defined procedures for timely and accurate preparation.
▪ Responsible for monthly production financial statement and one other distribution location. ▪ Monthly Raw Goods reconciliation and finished goods inventory.
▪ Compute and enter indirect costs on a monthly basis. ▪ Complete costing changes on Bill of Materials within accounting system.
▪ Back up for daily finished goods inventory reconciliation.
▪ Back up for posting daily GL batches in EoStar.
▪ Monthly reconciliations of vending and post mix parts inventory.
▪ Monthly Reconciliation of SKU Cost.
▪ Monthly reporting on Utilities.
▪ Monthly provides Production reports including Indirects, Shrinkage and Production Summary.
▪ Prepare annually Internal Cost (Prices to Sales) for production SKU’s.
▪ Annual support for the count and reconciliation of the Service Department trucks and warehouses to include observation and entry of year-end inventory counts.
▪ Complete yearend LIFO evaluations, production summaries and prices tests.
▪ Prepare yearend audit information as requested by audit firm.
▪ Responsible for importing the annual profit plan into accounting software.
▪ Responsible for maintaining and creating financial statement reports in Management Reporter.
▪ Process raw materials invoices in EoStar.
▪ Other duties and tasks as assigned by CFO, Manager or Supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
COMPETENCIES: Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, customer skill and competent computer skills in use of word, excel, outlook and Great Plains Accounting Software. Interpersonal skills required – relationship building, team player, and ability to manage customer concerns.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This individual must be able to meet deadlines, detailed oriented and able to multi-task.
Education and/or Experience: 4-Year Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Manufacturing Cost Accounting experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex written information and instruction. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from Customers. Effective communications skill is required for position. Effective verbal, written and listening skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions supplied in both written and verbal format. Must be analytical, with ability to solve problems, and gather relevant data.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Great Plains Accounting software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Other Skills and Abilities: None
Other Qualifications: None
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry from 10 to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Normal office environment.