Full Time, 36 hours a week
- Graduation from RN program required.
- 2 years related work experience
- Develops, discusses, and communicates a plan of care that is individualized for the toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team to address all identified needs.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of the patient’s condition within time frame specified by facility’s policies. Evaluates care provided and patient’s responses. Re-prioritize care to meet patients and his/her family needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered. Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Measures vital signs, interviews patient and family members to obtain accurate health information, performs intravenous therapy, assist with procedures, and performs treatment as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understands the different medications, dosages and possible side effects for toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent age groups and administers medications appropriately.
- Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to pediatric resuscitation protocols.
- Maintains up‑to‑date and accurate documentation of care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the, patient and his/her family.
- Understands the different communication needs for toddler, preschool, school age or adolescent age groups and changes communication methods and terminology accordingly.
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient and his/her family.
- Maintains competency in pediatric medical surgical nursing/certification/licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job‑related hazards.
- Responsibly follows the Clinic Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Attains all agreed to goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the Clinic’s overall mission.
- Promotes effective working relations and work effectively as part of a team to facilitate the Clinic’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment
- Works within the guidelines of the facility to help mentor, train, and educate student pediatric dental residents regarding appropriate OR procedures. This can include documentation as well as patient skills.
- Works within the guidelines of the facility to mentor and serve as a preceptor for various students including nursing, pre-nursing, dental, pre-dental, and pre-medical students, as well as any other students that we have in the facility.
- All other duties as assigned.
Apply online at www.jordanvalley.org/careers