Spanish Faculty (Part Time)
The Summit Preparatory School of Southwest Missouri is seeking an educator in the following area for the 2022-2023 academic year:
Spanish Faculty (Part-Time)
The Summit, located in Springfield, MO, is a fully accredited, independent, non-profit, co-educational day school meeting the learning needs of students in Early Learners through High School. The Summit is characterized by its progressive, student-centered philosophy, academically challenging curriculum, personalized, “deeper learning” approach, motivated students, small class sizes, and talented, dedicated faculty.
The Summit offers a regionally competitive salary in a collaborative and engaging teaching community. This part-time position includes daily Spanish language instruction for students in Early Learners (3 and 4 year olds) through lower elementary, approximately 18 hours per week. Initial one-year contract with possibility to extend. Reporting date August 2022.
- Demonstrates commitment to progressive pedagogy
- Establishes student-centered environment with an inquiry-based instructional approach
- Integrates technology effectively
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborates well with colleagues to promote an integrated educational experience
- Successfully meets challenges and solves problems creatively
- Models a growth mindset and pursues life-long learning
- Spanish fluency (required)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field (Master’s preferred)
- Teacher certification (preferred)
- Minimum 2+ years experience in classroom/academic field or professional setting (preferred)
Interested candidates should send a current résumé and letter of interest to Katie Heet, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is open until position is filled. The Summit reserves the right to close the application process at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: No person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability/handicap, or religion, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in the school’s employment opportunities.