System Director of Laboratory Services
CoxHealth is seeking an experienced System Director of Laboratory Services. This individual will be a Medical Technologist, upper level leader, practitioner with responsibility and accountability for leading and managing the laboratory department(s) or Program(s), defining the mission, goals, budget, and performance standards to produce desired outcomes. They are responsible and accountable for providing high quality and effective lab services to the patients, physicians and staff of FDC as well as the entire CoxHealth system. As well as, responsible for the overall efficient operation of the clinic laboratory and off site laboratory locations as assigned. They will effectively direct and control all laboratory activities to ensure quality laboratory services while ensuring the effective use of supplies and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited medical technology program. Masters in Healthcare or Business related field is preferred.
- 5 years' experience in one or more disciplines of laboratory medicine with at least 3 years managerial/supervisory experience.
- Certified as Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist from a nationally recognized laboratory-certifying agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in teams.
- Ability to monitor and compile data and disseminate results to multiple levels of leaders and employees.
- Must be able to initiate and understand research related to projects; proficient in Microsoft office.
- Management experience that includes supervisory, budget, and patient care activities in ether inpatient or ambulatory patient care settings.
- Lawson or another similar materials management software system.
- Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Fax, Scanners, Printers and copiers.
- Computer and office equipment. Knowledge of products, manufacturers and distributors of Medical supplies and equipment.
Coxhealth is the region’s only locally owned, not-for-profit health system. From our beginnings in a frame duplex in 1906 to the six hospital system of today, CoxHealth’s story has been about growth, opportunity, advancement and caring. As one of southwest Missouri’s Choice Employers, we keep these traditions alive by continually investing in the technology, resources and people that make us the region’s health care leader.
CoxHealth is the area leader in health care and community involvement, with six hospitals, more than 80 clinics, five ERs and over 12,000 employees throughout southwest Missouri. We offer a wide range of treatments and services to help with whatever health needs our community might have.
- Mission: To improve the health of the communities we serve through quality health care, education and research.
- Vision: To be the best for those who need us.
- Values: Safety, compassion, respect and integrity.
CoxHealth was selected by Forbes Magazine as a “2019 Best Place to Work” in Southwest Missouri.
Enjoy the life you want in Springfield, MO
Living in Springfield is easy. It’s a place that has everything you need. We have a plentiful and growing job market, great schools, world-class health care, and all the entertainment and cultural options of a big city—but with far less stress and an abundance of character and friendliness. All at the same time, you can fast track your career, afford the home you’ve always wanted, simplify your commute, and enrich your life amid our natural Ozarks beauty. See what we have to offer for your lifestyle, then live here, and just breathe.