Our Headquarters in Springfield, MO is currently hiring for a System Operations Specialist to join our Operations team in the Engineering & Operations division. Our System Operations Specialists provide support services to System Operations for the safe and reliable operation of AECI’s transmission system as an interconnected part of the bulk electric system.
What you’ll do in your role:
· Design, develop, and deliver technical training for AECI’s electric system/grid operations employees.
· Serve as subject matter expert to ensure compliance with applicable NERC standards.
· Oversee the system architecture of documents, procedures and reports for the department.
· Develop and implement new functionality and enhancements to existing tools to improve operational performance.
· Identify best practices and potential risks or failures related to procedures and processes (recommend improvements).
· Possess Reliability Compliance NERC certification (or obtain within 12 months of hire).
What’s in it for you?
· To work in an exciting ever-changing industry on a team of high-performing professionals.
· The ability to make a difference by using your skills to help others succeed.
· An opportunity for growth and advancement, either in leadership or as an individual contributor.
· To be part of an organization that values both hard work and family.
AECI provides a competitive total compensation package including paid health care and dental premiums starting on day one with vision plans available. Basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability are paid for by AECI as well as a 401k with an employer match. Invest in yourself with our tuition reimbursement and enjoy time away with Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays. Wellness incentives and employee assistance programs are also available. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!
To apply for a position, please visit www.aeci.org/careers. You will be able to upload additional applicant documents (i.e. resume, cover letter). AECI is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. Please contact us if you require assistance in filling out an application. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to an appointment.