Apply: Reliable Cars Jobs in Springfield, MO | Indeed.com
The Body Technician repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications using hand tools and power tools.
- Fast-paced work environment
- Paid training and development
- Award-winning, highly successful Automotive Dealership
- Career growth opportunities
- Medical and dental coverage available after 2 month period
- Paid vacation
Standards & Responsibilities:
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Position dolly block against surface of dented area and beat opposite surface to remove dents, using hammer.
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames using a pneumatic frame-straightening machine.
- File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces using power tools and hand tools.
- Refinish repaired surface using paint spray gun and sander.
- Aim headlights, align wheels and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Auto Body Experience
- Consistent and stable work history
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- All potential employees must pass pre-employment testing including a background check and drug screen
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour